Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pizazz

Even though I'm home-schooled, my siblings & I go to a Catholic home-school co-op twice a month.  One of my home-work assignments was to choose a word from the dictionary & present it to the class with its definition, pronunciation, origin, say it in a sentence, & tell if it was a noun,verb, adjective, etc.  A few days before class, & before I had done the assignment, I was looking for one of my vocabulary words in the dictionary when I happened to come across one of my favorite words!  I had no idea it was even a real word!!!  I have copied the word & rewrote the presentation that I gave below:


Pizazz

pronunciation: (puh-zaz)

noun, informal

  Definition:
1: energy; vitality; vigor
2: attractive style; dash; flair.

Origin:
1935-40, Americanism

My Sentence:
1: The girl had pizazz.
2: The dress in the window of the store had a lot of pizazz.

Isn't "pizzaz" such a fun word?!?!  I love it!!! I think it might just be my all time most favorite-ist word!!!!